Tuesday 13 December 2011

On the second day of Christmas

On the second day of Christmas, I hit my 2,000 word target in at a shave under 2 hours, averaging 1,000 words an hour. I sat in my reclining armchair which is much more comfortable than the kitchen table, with telly off , laptop on lap, and husband out at the pub.

The first hour the words flew as I got into some unexpected dialogue between three of my characters which actually worked well, the second hour was definitely harder and every so often I counted my wordcount to see how much further I had to go. I ended up at 2,034 words. No partridges or turtle doves (can anyone tell me what a turtle dove is, I have no idea), but plenty of words down. 

I must say that this process is quite exhilarating. I'm having to be very disciplined about it, not stopping until I've reached my target, but if I'm ever going to get up to 12,000 words, I need to be hitting more like 2,000 words an hour. There's plenty left in me yet, so I'll keep on trying, and reporting my progress. 

Lorraine x  

No comments:

Post a Comment