Monday 19 December 2011

12 days of Christmas challenge - getting back on track

After failing to gain a foothold yesterday, I feel I'm getting back on track. I managed 2,037 words tonight and whilst I procrastinated at the beginning, I soon found my pace. So although I've the challenge so far has seen me slip and the stutter, I've managed in total 6,575 words in the last 8 days, but I'm roughly 4 days behind where I should be.

My plan now that I've found my pace again is to treat tomorrow as Day 4 of the challenge and to attempt 4,000 words. It's a big leap from what I've done, but I won't get any words down unless I set my sights high.  I know that in order to succeed I'll have to try and find a place I can be on my own without interruptions, but the likelihood of that happening now, particularly around this Christmas period, is slim to none. I guess I'll just have to find a quiet place in my mind.  Fingers crossed that it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment